|
|
|
Irondequoit Post
  • Developer planning to redevelop the former Irondequoit Mall is looking at reducing remodeling costs

  • The scope of a major redevelopment project at Medley Centre, however, remains unchanged.

    • email print
  • The footprint for an expected $250 million redevelopment project for the former Irondequoit Mall, now Medley Centre, is expected to remain the same, but some changes appear to be on the horizon.
    “The developer is just repositioning some of the tenants in an effort to reduce remodeling costs,” Irondequoit Supervisor Mary Joyce D’Aurizio said tonight. “The project has not been reduced in scope.”
    D’Aurizio said the developer, Scott R. Congel of SRC Group, has been in Irondequoit for more than a week, working on the project.
    She met with Congel last Tuesday, April 13, D’Aurizio said, and was shown the cost projections for demolition work at the mall and some revisions to the plan. The developer has not yet reapplied for necessary demolition permits from the town. He had those permits last year, but they have since lapsed and he has to reapply.
    “He’ll realize more cost savings if he uses the current footprint of the mall,” D’Aurizio said. “But, he left no doubt that he’s definitely moving forward with his plans.”

        calendar